Wednesday, September 06, 2006

You think I would know better

So I wrote previously about a client offer that I was on the fence about taking. Well I ended up taking it. I am going beyond just SEO work and doing a full e-commerce site from the ground up. I have done this in the past in house for two companies (both selling over 2.5M in sales with me as the sole inhouse sEO/website resource) but I dont really enjoy doing it. I did it mostly because I didnt want to have to deal with another firm when I could take care of it just as easily. So I do the mockup of what the site will look like and out of nowhere I get a third party partner who was only mentioned as a "technical" resource for the product, going over line for line how he thinks the website should be and defining "useability". This from the same person when I asked for the keyword list out of Yahoo copied and pasted the tables into Word, then when I mentioned I wanted a .csv of the list told me that was as good as it was going to get because he isnt that good with computers. So he isnt good enough to run a keyword report and dump the csv but he is good enough to tell me how a ecommerce site should be designed and what "useability" is for a customer. Well I got the initialy deposit check a week ago, but I am pretty sure I will be issuing a refund. I am fine with tailoring a request to clients expectations and definitely enjoy feedback, but taking that kind of flack when I dont have to is not high on my list of things to do this fall.

1 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and words with the world. In exchange I would like to share some thoughts on Costumes

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home